1. Apply a horizontal bead of compatible adhesive at the top of the STYROFOAM™ extruded polystyrene insulation board and press the insulation to the wall. The adhesive will hold the insulation in place while you install furring strips.
2. Attach 1" x 3" or 2" x 3" wood furring strips vertically over the foam insulation at 16" or 24" on center.
3. Fasten the furring strips through the foam insulation and into basement wall using TapconTM or similar screws that penetrate about 1-1/4" into the concrete wall. Use 4 screws per 8 foot furring strip.
4. Attach drywall over furring strips.
5. Tape and finish drywall according to manufacturer's directions.