GREAT STUFF™ Gaps & Cracks is a minimal expansion polyurethane insulating foam sealant that fills, seals and insulates gaps up to 1 inch. It expands to take the shape of cracks and voids to form a permanent, airtight, and water-resistant bond that eliminates unwanted airflow and helps reduce condensation. All GREAT STUFF products are polyurethane-based and offer superior performance advantages over latex products.
- Forms a permanent weather-tight seal to minimize drafts and insect infestation for gaps, cracks and holes up to 1 inch
- Exceptional adhesion to wood, drywall, metal, masonry, glass and most plastics
- Interior or exterior use
- Airtight, water-resistant
- Tack free in 15 minutes*; Trims in 30-60 minutes
- Foam elasticity allows for movement/shifting within a structure from winter to summer
- Paintable, stainable and sandable
- Cream colored foam
- Cures rigid
- One 12 oz. can = up to 22 tubes of caulk (= 7 quarts of caulk)
- One 16 oz. can = up to 30 tubes of caulk (= 9 quarts of caulk)
- All-direction dispensing
- UL Classified
Differences Between Latex and Polyurethane Foam Sealant
There are two key differences between latex foam and GREAT STUFF™ polyurethane foam sealant:
Latex foams are typically "open cell" and, as a result, can take on water. In fact, the same properties that allow you to wash latex foam off your hands with water also mean that the cured foam can absorb water. This can cause wood rot or deterioration in areas where wet latex foam is next to wood, such as a window frame. In contrast, GREAT STUFF™ is a closed-cell foam. It forms a water-resistant outer skin when cured.
Latex foam does not expand. GREAT STUFF™ expands to thoroughly fill all voids and cavities making it an ideal air sealant.
Building Code Compliance
UL Classified and meets CCMC 13074-R.
Learn more about GREAT STUFF™ DIY products.
We're here to help. If you're not finding the information you need, please let us know.
* Cure rate id dependent on temperature and humidity (e.g. tack free time is 5-10 minutes at 72° F/60% RH)