Македонија - Notices
- STYROFOAM™ products comply with the requirements of the EU Regulation EC 2037/2000 (29 June 2000) on ozone layer depleting substances.
- STYROFOAM boards contain a flame retardant additive to inhibit accidental ignition from a small fire source. The boards are, however, combustible and, if exposed to an intensive fire, may burn rapidly. All fire classifications given in Dow literature are based on small scale tests and may not reflect the reaction of the material under actual fire conditions. The national building regulations set out the requirements for the fire performance of constructions.
- STYROFOAM boards can be stored outside, but should be protected against intense sunlight, preferably by retention in their original packaging. The boards should not be exposed to other ignition sources. Exposed to intense sunlight over prolonged periods, the surface of the boards degrades into fine dust. STYROFOAM boards should be stored inside.
- STYROFOAM products should be applied within the recommended temperature range. When exposed to a higher temperature than the recommended max. 75°C, the boards can either soften, undergo irreversible dimensional changes and eventually melt, or become brittle and loose its mechanical properties. At installation the handling and protection of the boards must follow the national building regulations. STYROFOAM boards can be cut using a knife, fine teeth saw, hot wire equipment, etc.
- STYROFOAM boards are resistant to most commonly occurring construction materials like solvent-free bituminous compounds, water-based wood preservatives, lime, cement, plaster, anhydrous gypsum as well as alcohols, acids and alkalis. Certain organic materials like solvent based wood preservatives, coal tar and derivatives (aerosol etc.), paint thinners and common solvents such as acetone, ethyl acetate, petrol toluene, white spirit which can attack the XPS boards resulting in softening, shrinkage and even dissolving with the consequent loss of performance. When bonding STYROFOAM boards, the use of solvent free adhesive is recommended. Compatibility with polystyrene foam should be sought from the adhesive manufacturer prior to application.
- STYROFOAM products are not biodegradable in the environment and do not present an environmental hazard in the water/soil compartment. The boards may be disposed in approved landfills or, preferably by incineration under approved conditions. The products can be recycled, but it should not be mixed with other plastics.
- The information and data contained herein is given to the best of our knowledge and experience. Any drawings only illustrate possible applications and are not conceived as design documents. It is the Buyer's responsibility to determine whether Dow products are appropriate for Buyer's use and to ensure that Buyer's workplace and disposal practices are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The same applies for relevant building regulations. We undertake no liability, warranty or guarantee for systems or applications in which our products are used. No freedom from any patents or other industrial or intellectual property rights is granted.
- Information on this website may be subject to change. It is important to check when specifying STYROFOAM products that the most recent advice and recommendations are followed. Please contact the distributor or Dow sales office for further advice.